Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend in Gatlinburg

So me and Amber went to Gatlinburg this weekend. Left Thursday night after work and got down there about 11:00, not bad considering I had worked all day and was tired. We were down there from Thursday until early Sunday when we packed up and headed back north. Of course it took us about 30 minutes just to get out of Pigeon Forge because of the backed up traffic from everyone trying to do the exact same thing we were which is to race home in time to be at work on Monday morning. To top it all off the water was broken in the motel room and the air conditioner was broken in the car so the ride home was not pleasant to say the least.

I had a really great time while we were down there though. I haven't been there in so long and it brought back such a flood of memories from when I was younger and would take family trips there. It has grown a lot since then of course. If you need an airbrushed t-shirt or an old style portrait made with you wearing a cowboy hat then you shouldn't have any trouble. Let's put it this way, you will never be lacking for a place to spend money while you are there. I know we spent too much but hopefully we will be able to pay it back down bit by bit and do the whole thing over again soon.

Things went really well with me and Amber too, not a single fight the whole time and I felt like the trip really brought us closer together. Now if we can just keep the momentum from that going now that we are back home it would be great. I am really happy with her, a happiness I haven't found since the last time I was in love. Used to I would seem to find ways to sabotage relationships even if I was doing it subconsciously but with her I seem to be looking for ways to improve it and make it more enjoyable every single day. We do have our little spats from time to time but everybody does really so I guess that's not out of the ordinary. I can say this, I want to be with her for life, I'm tired of the dating game and all that it entails and I think I have found that person that I can be with forever and be happy now. Just a matter of the time and place to pop the question now I guess...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am really happy with her, a happiness I haven't found since the last time I was in love. Used to I would seem to find ways to sabotage relationships even if I was doing it subconsciously..."

This is so true of you, Jason. It's been a very long time and you would never guess who I am. But please know that I regret that things never worked out between us. Because I did love you, I just wanted to wish you and your girlfriend all the best.

5:37 PM  
Blogger jaycint said...

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's something I've only recently been able to figure out about myself. I feel like I understand me a lot better now and it also helps me to understand others a lot better.

Whoever you may be just know that I appreciate your thoughts and I hope you have found true happiness in your life.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome, Jason. Since dating you, I have had no serious relationships, but I am good with that. I am fortunate to have many other sources of happiness in my life. I won't continue to comment as I don't want to unecessarily raise anyone's suspicions. Just know that you did impact one lil ol' life far more than you realized! Good luck to you and to Brendon on his first day of school. If anything changes...well...be sure to post it!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home